Star Wars Global Augmented Reality Event Planned for Force Friday II!
- London’s Coca Cola London Eye features alongside global landmarks including Sydney Harbor, Eiffel Tower, Golden Gate Bridge, Grand Canyon, Copacabana Beach, the Hollywood Sign, Central Park to get an AR Makeover to Kick off Force Friday II
Fans Gear up to “Find the Force” in global augmented reality treasure hunt to celebrate the launch of the new product line for Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Disney and Lucasfilm today kicked off the countdown to Force Friday II, the global event celebrating the launch of the products from Star Wars: The Last Jedi, with an AR surprise for Star Wars fans around the world.
- Fans within a mile of 20 global landmarks simply open the Star Wars App, select Find the Force and point their phone to the sky to see a short augmented reality scene unfold.
- James Burns from Jedi News, one of a group of Star Wars superfans given an early look at the AR scene, comments: “What better way to start Force Friday II than to see a Star Destroyer over your favorite city landmark – it’s stunning!
- Today through Sept. 3, fans can view the AR scene within a mile of the following geographical coordinates (there are apps and other means to convert geographic coordinates to a point on a map):
The augmented reality adventure will continue through the weekend as Star Wars fans across the planet unite for Find the Force, the pop-up AR treasure hunt rolling out at 20,000 retail locations around the world for Force Friday II from Sept. 1-3.
- As places are limited, fans can register their interest for the event online here: September and October, customers who visit the John Lewis store on Oxford Street will also have the opportunity to try their hand at a number of Star Wars inspired experiences including coding and building their very own droid.
Force Friday is nearly upon us. In addition to the traditional fun of scouring shelves for elusive figures and checking out all the new game and toy releases, it appears the good folks at Lucasfilm and Disney have some fun looking additional celebrations brewing as well.
@StarWarsNewsNet: Star Wars Global Augmented Reality Event Planned for Force Friday II! – #StarWars –
Star Wars Global Augmented Reality Event Planned for Force Friday II! | Star Wars News Net
Go To Top
The SWNN Team
THE CANTINA FORUMS
SEQUEL TRILOGY THE FORCE AWAKENS
THE LAST JEDI
SPIN-OFFS ROGUE ONE
TV SHOWS REBELS
THE CLONE WARS
BOOKS & COMICS
GAMES & TOYS
Tweets by @StarWarsNewsNet
► 2017 (687)
► 2016 (1203)