I Tried Ketel One Vodka’s Virtual Reality Headset And Here’s What Happened
- So when esteemed vodka brand Ketel One decided to package a VR viewer with it’s 1.75 liter bottles of vodka in the U.S., it was like the company was calling my name.
- I was going to learn more about the creators of Ketel One Vodka, the esteemed Nolet family, and their obsessive attention to detail and innovation through a VR experience enabled by the cardboard headset attached to the bottle.
- But by the time I unfolded, and read and re-read and re-read again the instructions, and flipped (as instructed) the viewer inside out, tried to put things in tabs, and constantly compared my headset to the illustration; I was still at a loss.
- So I decided to stop working on that cardboard viewer and use a good old standard VR headset and ended up watching the Ketel One VR experience which one could tell was lovingly and painstakingly produced.
- Through a particular VR cognoscenti, I find Gregg Katano, Chief Strategist at Unofficial Cardboard, a VR cardboard headset expert and the first Google partner in this arena.
Why inadequate research and execution can kill any marketers dream of capitalizing on the virtual reality value add trend.
@RickKing16: I Tried Ketel One Vodka’s Virtual Reality Headset And Here’s What Happened #vr
Quote of the Day
Put gaps in your life: moments to reflect, prepare, meditate and breathe.