Star Wars fans rejoice! Disney’s new headset lets you be a Jedi and play Holochess in augmented reality
- Star Wars fans have long dreamt of being able to wield a ligthsaber and this fantasy could soon come true, thanks to a new augmented reality headset.
- The new device will let fans of the science fiction franchise channel their inner Jedi and explore the Star Wars universe.
- Star Wars: Jedi Challenges will be the first title released for the headset.
- The Star Wars Jedi Challenges experience will be the first title released for the headset.
- The game of holochess, or Dejarik to the initiated, played on the Millennium Falcon was recreated during a teaser preview – credit DisneyD23 / YouTube
Last June, secretive mixed-reality firm Magic Leap announced plans which could one day let you step directly into the Star Wars universe without ever leaving your home.
Star Wars fans could soon live out their lightsaber wielding fantasises, thanks to a new augmented reality headset created by Disney and Beijing-based manufacturer Lenovo.
@evankirstel: #Disney’s #AR headset will let you test your skills with a lightsaber #StarWars
By Tim Collins For Mailonline
Published: 10:47 EDT, 17 July 2017 | Updated: 15:11 EDT, 17 July 2017