- Moelis & Company acted as financial advisor to ODG, which was founded by Osterhout in 1999.
- The company previously announced that it also had a strategic partnership with 21st Century Fox fox , which had invested earlier and participated in this round as well.
- The Osterhout Design Group has raised $58 million to develop new generations of mobile augmented reality and virtual reality smartglasses.
- I last saw a demo of the company’s AR glasses a year ago , when it demonstrated widescreen capabilities at CES 2016.
- The first round of funding for the San Francisco pioneer of AR technology comes from O-film Tech Co., Vanfund Urban Investment & Development, and several individual investors.
The Osterhout Design Group has raised $58 million to develop new generations of mobile augmented reality and virtual reality smartglasses.
Continue reading “This Design Group Raised $58 Million for Augmented Reality Smartglasses”
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers. More than 45 million gamers gather every month on Twitch to broadcast, watch and chat about gaming. Twitch’s video platform is the backbone of both live and on-demand distribution for the entire video game ecosystem. This includes game publishers, developers, media outlets, industry conventions and press conferences, casual gamers and gaming for charity events. Twitch also caters to the entire esports industry, spanning the top pro players, tournaments, leagues, talk shows and organizations. Learn more at https://twitch.tv.
Continue reading “Emerald_Activities”
- For a dollar bill, you can get a cool AR view of life in the White House
- If you tap the main section of the house, Secret Service agents appear on the rooftop.
Have you ever wanted to visit the White House? A new app — created for the White House Historical Society by PTC’s Vuforia team, in coordination with Unity and Nexus Studios — hopes to give everyone that opportunity.
Continue reading “For a dollar bill, you can get a cool AR view of life in the White House”
- According to Cromi, through the mixed reality enabled by Microsoft HoloLens, “you can do something you could never do before; you can see the soul of the car.”
- As part of a partnership with Microsoft, Volvo Cars has been using HoloLens (the first self-contained, holographic computer) for more than just seeing the souls of the cars it builds.
- Take a closer look at how Microsoft and Volvo are working together to bring cars to life like never before with HoloLens
- It helps engineers better visualize how their cars perceive and react to their environments.
- But if you’re Aric Cromi, Chief Futurologist for Volvo Cars, the answer is most yes.
Do cars have souls? Kind of an odd and esoteric question, like “Do androids dream of electric sheep?” But if you’re Aric Cromi, Chief Futurologist for Volvo Cars, the answer is most certainly yes.
Continue reading “HoloLens: the soul of a Volvo”
- Virtual reality, in generating a virtual environment in which users can interact, and which fools our senses into believing what we see, hear, and even touch to be real, will undoubtedly change the way in which we interface with digital information.
- It was long considered to be consigned to the realms of science fiction, but today virtual reality (VR) is close to becoming something of an everyday reality.
- The signals being sent back to your brain via your sensory organs would in essence inform your brain that the computer-generated virtual world should be perceived as reality, allowing you to immerse yourself in another world, without leaving the comfort of your own home.
- Virtual reality is achieved thanks to advancements in computer technology.
- All interaction in the virtual environment should take place in real-time.
What is virtual reality? How does it work? Why do we need it? The next consumer-led tech revolution is about to begin, and we’re here to help you understand it.
Continue reading “What is Virtual Reality and How It Works”
- Report: Clippers expect Paul to demand full 5-year max contract
- Watch: Chris Paul takes selfie with fans during blowout
- Griffin, Butler star in new Space Jam-themed commercial
- Kanye West was starstruck by Eddy Curry
- Drummond’s free-throw shooting this season is up to a career-high 47.3 percent.
The Los Angeles Clippers are reportedly taking a page out of the Detroit Pistons’ book as they try to correct their big man’s wayward free-throw shooting.
Continue reading “Report: Clippers exploring virtual reality to fix Jordan’s FT woes”